Dashwood & Denyer Funeral Directors Southsea

Items you should return

You should return the following items to the relevant organisations, including a note of explanation and the date of death with each of the documents:

  • Order books, payable orders or giro cheques to the Social Security office or other DSS office. This applies also to a child benefit book which includes payment for a child who has died. Orders should not be cashed after the payee’s death. It may be useful to keep a record of pension book numbers or other Social Security numbers before you send anything back.
  • The deceased’s passport to the Passport Office. You can get the address from the Post Office.
  • The deceased’s driving licence to the DVLC, Swansea SA6 7GL.
  • The registration documents of a car for the change of ownership to be recorded.
  • Season travel cards and membership tickets to the office of issue (for refunds).
  • Membership cards of clubs and associations. Claim any refund due.
  • Library books and tickets.
  • Any National Insurance papers to the relevant office.
  • Any NHS equipment such as wheelchairs, hearing aids or artificial limbs.
  • Credit, cash point and cheque guarantee cards and chequebooks to the appropriate credit card company or bank.
  • Road Tax and TV Licence for refund.