Dashwood & Denyer Funeral Directors Southsea

When Someone Dies at Home

When someone dies at home, you should first contact the family doctor. The Doctor will normally call at the house and will issue the Cause of Death Certificate. If for any reason the Doctor will not issue the Cause of Death Certificate the death will be referred to the Coroner. (See Section on coroner)

Please contact us as soon as the Doctor confirms that he or she will issue the Cause of Death Certificate.

We will need the following information:

  • Your name, address, telephone number and your relationship to the deceased.
  • The name of the deceased and the address where the death has occurred.
  • The name of the family doctor and whether he/she will issue the Cause of Death Certificate.
  • Whether you prefer the deceased to stay at home or be transferred to our premises.
  • Whether you have decided on a Burial or Cremation.
  • If the deceased had a pre-paid funeral plan.

We will then arrange a time of your choosing to take the deceased into our care and to discuss the funeral arrangements